Monday, January 15, 2007

Days Go By

There isn't a day that goes by without me thinking about Matt out at Fort Lewis, preparing to go to Iraq.
Those of you who have experienced deployment, know what it's like. The final days leading up to. The first days when your son or daughter is in Kuwait. Then that day that they head into Iraq for their assigned post, or FOB.
Those of us experiencing it for the first time don't know what to think?
I'm certain that some who read this, will be veterans of two or three of their loved one's deployments.
I don't imagine it gets easier.
I calm myself with my belief in destiny.
I'm sure that a person can increase the odds of meeting their destiny via choices, but I don't worry a lot about that.
I guess there is no greater fear for me than losing any of my children..
I want them to all be at my funeral.
Selfish?
Maybe, but that's the way it's supposed to be.
I sure would like to hear from other parents in the same situation.
Maybe we can lean on each other for support.
JRID

No comments:

Post a Comment